The Internship is now underway and we have a group of amazing semi-finalists who are creating business plans with their mentors. Keep watching to find out what they are up to!
Step 1: Proposal Submission – submit innovative entrepreneurial business ideas by 4/29/16.
Step 2: Entrepreneurial Boot Camp – 30 quarter finalists will attend a workshop in St. Kitts.
Step 3: Internship – 10 semi finalists to be mentored by professionals for 4 months.
Step 4: International Showcase – 2 finalists showcase at a United Nations side event.
• Learn while doing and grow your idea into a launch-able and sustainable business.
• Acquire transformational leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial skills.
• Network and engage with peers, mentors, entrepreneurs, local and international leaders.
• Have a business idea in the area of agriculture, climate change, sustainable energy, technology or cultural industries in which gender and technology are integrated.
• Be able to commit to participate in the entire program including attending the 4-day boot camp, 50 hours of mentorship and training, and the necessary hours for successful project implementation. 2 Winners will be selected to travel to New York to present at a United Nations side event.
• Be between the ages of 18 and 29, have completed your secondary education, and be either currently enrolled or a graduate of University, College or Technical Training School.
• Be a current resident of and living in Antigua, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname or Trinidad and Tobago.
• Be able to raise money to attend the event including travel/airfare,.
• Be fluent in English and have access to a computer and the internet on a regular basis.
Our partners in the Caribbean Entrepreneurship Challenge are COESL, the Caribbean Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Livelihoods and 1M1B our Entrepreneurship Partner.