The GLC requests proposals from young men and women in Ghana between 18 and 29 years of age with ideas for a business or social enterprise in any of the following areas: agriculture, climate change, and sustainable energy, education, health or cultural industries which are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Successful applicants will be provided with an opportunity to acquire transformational leadership skills, build strong networks and participate virtually in a UN side event.
Applications will be due on the 23rd of June 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be announced on the 26th of June 2019, followed by a Boot Camp which trains participants from July 1 through July 4, 2019 and includes a final pitch session.
This will be followed by a 4-month hands-on expert coaching programme to deepen your skills and advance your enterprise.
Step 1: Proposal Application Submission
The deadline has passed and the application form is no longer available.
Confirm application by paying a non-refundable application fee of GHC 70 via mobile money number 024 871 1037
Step 2: Entrepreneurial Boot Camp – 25 shortlisted quarter finalists will attend a workshop in Accra.
Step 3: Internship – semi-finalists to be mentored by expert consultants, coaches and professionals for 4 months.
Step 4: International Showcase – 2 finalists will participate in a virtual showcase during a United Nations side event.
- Learn while doing and grow your idea into a launch-able and sustainable business.
- Acquire transformational leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial skills.
- Network and engage with peers, mentors, local and international leaders.
- Have a business idea that is aligned with any of the following UN’s SDGs: Agriculture, Climate Change, Sustainable Energy, Health, Education, Cultural Industries(Poverty reducing). Women, minority and/or technology focused enterprises are encouraged to apply.
- Able to commit to participate in the entire program including the 4-day boot camp, 50 hours of mentorship and training, and the necessary hours for successful project implementation.
- Two (2) winners will have the opportunity to present their idea virtually during an exclusive event held at the UN headquarters in New York
- Be between the ages of 18 and 29, have completed your secondary education, and be either currently enrolled or a graduate of University, College or Technical Training School.
- Be able to pay a GHC 70 non-refundable application fee and to cover daily transportation costs and arrive on time for the boot camp.
- Be fluent in English and have access to a computer and the internet on a regular basis.
All who are interested should apply to get a chance to scale their Business Ideas. The future is here.
The Mission of the Global Leadership Coalition is to bring transformational opportunities to leaders in the Caribbean, Oceania, Latin America, Africa and elsewhere. The Coalition empowers leaders to transform their communities and to see the greatness in others and themselves.
Terry Mante Exchange is a consultancy that offers thought leadership solutions for business and personal growth.
The Accra Hub is an innovation center that builds capacity and provides support services for startups and SMEs to thrive.